“Free Citizen” Civic Initiatives Support Center and Public Movement Multinational Georgia in partnership with People in Need (Czech Republic) and SALTO Youth Eastern Europe and Caucasus Resource (Poland) are continuing implementation of the project “Young Activist” Young Civic Activists Capacity Building in Social Campaigning. The project is financing by the International Visegrad Fund (IVF, Bratislava, Slovakia) and Netherlands Government.
On 18 August 2017 Public Movement Multinational Georgia organised the workshop for the local youth in the framework of the Project in the city of Khulo, Adjara region of Georgia. This is fourth from the 5 workshops, which was planned to organise in Georgia in the framework of the Project “Young Activist”. The workshops are dedicated to raising awareness among participants on the European Union, Council of Europe, Eastern Partnership, Visegrad 4 format, as well as providing general information about campaigning, including social media, public speaking and debating and other relevant topics.
26 young civic activists from all over Ajara region participated in the workshop.
During the workshop it was also discussed the following issues that have been identified by the participants as more relevant for the Youth of their region:
- Limited opportunities for development, self-realization and leisure (absence of sport and cultural clubs, etc.);
- Low level of civic engagement of youth, especially women;
- Stereotypes and prejudices in various fields;
- Absence of sport play-grounds and playgrounds for kids;
- Poor infrastructure, including state of roads, bad transport connections, etc.;
- Ecological and pollution problems;
- High level of migration (labor migration, etc.);
- Limited access to information;
- Vulnerability of local population to fake news in various fields;
- Education related issues (schools infrastructure, access of higher education, access of women to education, etc.);
- Violation of children rights.