“Free Citizen” Civic Initiatives Support Center and Public Movement Multinational Georgia in partnership with People in Need (Czech Republic) and SALTO Youth Eastern Europe and Caucasus Resource (Poland) are launching implementation of the project “Young Activist” Young Civic Activists Capacity Building in Social Campaigning. The project is financing by the International Visegrad Fund (IVF, Bratislava, Slovakia) and Netherlands Government.
On 27 May 2017 “Free Citizen” CISC organised the workshop for the local youth in the framework of the Project in the city of Ijevan, Tavush region of Armenia. This was the third from 12 workshops, which are planned to organise in Armenia in the framework of the Project “Young Activist”. The workshops are dedicated to raising awareness among participants on the European Union, Council of Europe, Eastern Partnership, Visegrad 4 format, as well as providing general information about campaigning, including social media, public speaking and debating and other relevant topics.
14 young civic activists from all over Tavush region participated in the workshop.
During the workshop it was also discussed the following issues, which have been identified by the participants as more relevant for the Youth of their region:
- Unemployment even among young people holding BA and MA degrees;
- Corruption, corrupt practices and as a result non-efficient state hierarchy is formed;
- Environmental issues
- Lack of awareness of citizens about funding and technical opportunities on the local level, ignorance of local people about problems and political processes of their city and region;
- Low level of youth involvement in local self-governance;
- Local economic issues in the context of globalization and European integration.