V4 for Youth engagement in self-governance
The project is co-financed by the Governments of Czechia, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia through Visegrad Grants from International Visegrad Fund. The mission of the fund is to advance ideas for sustainable regional cooperation in Central Europe.
The Project partners are GLOBSEC (Bratislava, Slovakia), SALTO Eastern Europe and Caucasus Resource (Warsaw, Poland), Agora CE (Prague, Czech Republic), Budapest Institute for Policy Analysis (Budapest, Hungary), Union of Communities of Armenia (Yerevan, Armenia).
“Free Citizen” Civic Initiatives Support Center led Project aims:
1. To motivate the rural youth to be engaged with Local Self-Government bodies;
2. To strengthen the rural civil society’s, and especially the Youth, women and minorities’, capacity to monitor the local self-government institutions and officials, and to advocate the decentralization reforms and the interests of the local community members;
3. To develop the strategy of the rural areas’ young civic activists engagement with Local-self-government;
4. To increase the rural Youth access to independent and reliable information on the decentralization reforms, using the experience of the V4 countries;
5. To develop their awareness about the V4, European institutions and their programs in Armenia;
6. To create a broader network of Youth from Armenia and V4 countries in the field of regional and LG development, sharing the initiatives and experience.