Young Civic Activists of Kakheti
“Free Citizen” Civic Initiatives Support Center and Public Movement Multinational Georgia in partnership with People in Need (Czech Republic) and SALTO Youth Eastern Europe and Caucasus Resource (Poland) are continuing implementation of the project “Young Activist” Young Civic Activists Capacity Building in Social Campaigning. The project is financing by the International Visegrad Fund (IVF, Bratislava, Slovakia) and Netherlands Government.
On 18 August 2017 Public Movement Multinational Georgia organised the workshop for the local youth in the framework of the Project in the city of Telavi, Kakheti region of Georgia. This is third from the 5 workshops, which was planned to organise in Georgia in the framework of the Project “Young Activist”. The workshops are dedicated to raising awareness among participants on the European Union, Council of Europe, Eastern Partnership, Visegrad 4 format, as well as providing general information about campaigning, including social media, public speaking and debating and other relevant topics.
23 young civic activists from all over Kakheti region participated in the workshop.
During the workshop it was also discussed the following issues that have been identified by the participants as more relevant for the Youth of their region:
- High level of youth unemployment;
- Limited leisure opportunities for young people;
- Absence of infrastructure for disabled people (ramps, etc.);
- Vulnerability of local population to fake news, including those in regard to European integration, Russian propaganda, etc.;
- Education related issues (schools infrastructure, etc.);
- Poor infrastructure, including state of roads between municipal center and villages, bad transport connections, etc.